Friday, November 1, 2013

Goals for the new year

Tonight is Samhain, which is known as Halloween to the majority of people.  It is a night for costumes, candy, and laughter, but what most don't know is that it is also a time for reflection, endings and beginnings.  Tonight is the night when the Wheel begins another turn, ending one year and beginning another.

I've done a lot of reflecting this year, and made a lot of realizations.  Those are not what I am writing about right now, though.  This blog entry is about the future, the coming year and what I look to achieve in that time span.  This blog entry is a list that I am making for myself, a list of ideas, things that I would like to achieve.  Will I achieve them all?  Probably not.  I'm not being self-defeatist by saying that, I just know that this is going to be a long list, and there probably will never be enough time or money to complete all of the entries in the space of one year, but this will give me a starting point and where I go from here is my own choice.

Things I would like to achieve in the coming year

  • Get at least 3 more short stories published
  • Get my first novel written and ready to start submissions
  • Continue my daily calisthenics and work up to 100 crunches, 100 wall pushups, and 50 squats
  • Read 100 books
  • Have my first Fat Lady Foods booth at a Farmers Market
  • Adopt at least one, and as many as three, children
  • Compete in my first 5k
  • Learn to crochet
  • Make my first quilt
  • Go back and visit Sterling Renaissance Festival
  • Take a vacation somewhere we've never been before
  • Redecorate the dining room (paint, new curtains, buffet, etc)
  • Get the mirror back up on the wall in the half bath
  • Complete the front landscaping
  • Get the gutters done on the house
  • Get caught up on photo processing
  • Start really taking photos again
  • Learn the basics of drawing
  • Re-learn calligraphy
  • Have a garden in which I actually manage to grow something other than weeds
  • Love
  • Be loved

There are probably more things, and as I think of them I may come back and add them.

Here's to goals, and to working toward achieving them!

What goals do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away don't worry, I'll review it and add it as soon as possible. The only time that comments won't be approved is if they are inappropriate. And yes, I am the sole arbiter as to what qualifies as inappropriate. :)