I've done a lot of reflecting this year, and made a lot of realizations. Those are not what I am writing about right now, though. This blog entry is about the future, the coming year and what I look to achieve in that time span. This blog entry is a list that I am making for myself, a list of ideas, things that I would like to achieve. Will I achieve them all? Probably not. I'm not being self-defeatist by saying that, I just know that this is going to be a long list, and there probably will never be enough time or money to complete all of the entries in the space of one year, but this will give me a starting point and where I go from here is my own choice.
Things I would like to achieve in the coming year
- Get at least 3 more short stories published
- Get my first novel written and ready to start submissions
- Continue my daily calisthenics and work up to 100 crunches, 100 wall pushups, and 50 squats
- Read 100 books
- Have my first Fat Lady Foods booth at a Farmers Market
- Adopt at least one, and as many as three, children
- Compete in my first 5k
- Learn to crochet
- Make my first quilt
- Go back and visit Sterling Renaissance Festival
- Take a vacation somewhere we've never been before
- Redecorate the dining room (paint, new curtains, buffet, etc)
- Get the mirror back up on the wall in the half bath
- Complete the front landscaping
- Get the gutters done on the house
- Get caught up on photo processing
- Start really taking photos again
- Learn the basics of drawing
- Re-learn calligraphy
- Have a garden in which I actually manage to grow something other than weeds
- Be loved
There are probably more things, and as I think of them I may come back and add them.
Here's to goals, and to working toward achieving them!
What goals do you have?